Don’t know where to go for production?
Still sewing everything yourself and sick of it?
Not sure what factories have what equipment?
Feeling like it’s an “insider business” and you’re on the outside?
If you answered YES to the questions above, this tour will help you.
The goal of this tour is to help you create relationships with contractors that will streamline the production process and make your life easier!
You will be shown 4-5 Chicago factories (taken around in a mini-bus complete with driver), a Production
Seminar with Denise, stop for lunch, and teach you strategies to work with sewing contractors along the ride.
What designers are saying about the Tour:
“The tour was even better than I expected! It was fantastic to get a chance to talk to so many great people and hear about their businesses and ideas. I like the manufacturer choices – they seem to offer a good variety/offerings.” -M.S., Chicago designer LOVING this manufacturing tour. TOTALLY worth the $ if you’re moving towards cut/sew!”
Twitter Comment from Truen Jaimes (@truenjaimes)
“I wanted an introduction to a few contractors and I definitely got that and more! I am currently sewing everything myself and I had no idea I was so close to having my production sewn elsewhere – it’s a very pleasant realization! Worth every penny.”
Sam Howard | Bobalookids
Here’s the Deal:
- We start with a Production Seminar with Denise Belyea to go over the “Steps to Production” and answer your questions
- Save yourself the schlepping, setting up appointments, having to present yourself to factories, and even the gas
- You and the other designers will be carted around in a van – meet them, compare notes, and ask the Tour guide, Denise (V. Mora production manager) all your questions
- 4-5 factory stops on the tour.
- Lunch is on us – time to network with the other designers and re-group
- Get introduced to sewing contractors and start building relationships with manufacturers right away
- Relieve your stress about where to get things made and “best-practices” of working with manufacturers
- 5 hour tour – 9 am – 3 pm
- You’ll get examples of a tech pack
- You’ll get a template of a cutting ticket
- Step-by-Step Worksheet on all “steps to Production” — everything involved in
- production from 1st sketch to final product, how things flow, etc.
- Checklist of what you need BEFORE you go to a contractor
- We offer a 7 day non-refundable policy, in the form of a credit to another tour
How the day will go:
We’ll meet at the V. Mora Studio studio at 9:00 am (820 N. California, Chicago, IL 60622 – plenty of free street parking).
First, you will have a Production Seminar with Denise Belyea of V.Mora. We’ll hand out the materials for the day, you can meet the other designers, and we’ll go over the “Steps to Production” and answer your manufacturing questions.
Next, you will climb into the mini-bus. The mini-bus travel time is AWESOME for you to ask us all your specific questions. Feedback from tour-goers is also that they LOVE this time to connect with the other designers – a rare opportunity.
You’ll make your rounds to the factories and be introduced to what capabilities and equipment each has and what they do for your business. We’ll stop for a quick and simple lunch (on us). Wear comfortable clothes and please note that climbing in and out of the van requires some agility and you may want to wear pants. You’ll be back to the V.Mora Studio at 3 pm (allow until 3:30 just in case)- armed with contact lists and a plan for your production.
Please note that the van has a rather high step up so please wear something comfortable that you can move in, like jeans.